St.Xavier's College of Education Patna
St. Xavier's College, Patna
The first chapter of Higher Education in the province was the establishment of St. Xavier’s College of Education in 1988 with the specific mission orientation to train well-motivated teachers, who will be intellectually competent, morally upright, socially committed and spiritually inspired, in order to become instruments of social transformation, and to find new ways and means to teaching-learning process.
In 2009, the province added another chapter to its Higher Education initiatives with the establishment of St. Xavier’s College at Digha Ghat with the mission of forming well-motivated leaders who will be intellectually competent, morally upright, socially committed and spiritually inspired to transform the world into a place of Universal brotherhood-sisterhood. Later in 2012 St. Xavier’s College of Management and Technology was started in the same campus.
- hrough integral pedagogy and mentoring (pre-service and in-service training)
- To provide all round training that is intellectual, cultural, social, emotional physical, aesthetic, moral and spiritual
- To aim at developing an integrated personality with positive thinking and creativity.
- To prepare the students and teachers to lead a fruitful and successful life in a multi-cultural, multi-religious and competitive society.
- To enhance the effective and efficient management of centers of higher education
- To enhance the commitment of management, faculty, staff and students to the institution, to social justice and democracy
- To inculcate greater understanding of the subaltern communities in Bihar by undertaking research studies on the subaltern groups and issues related to their lives
- To publish the research findings and setting up a documentation so that a data base geared for supportive action maybe built up
- To campaign for Human Rights, particularly the vulnerable sections like Dalits, children and women, through publication of handbills, booklets and books based on documented sources.
- To facilitate free exchange of ideas amongst academicians, students, activists and social thinkers.
Fr. Thomas Perumalil
St. Michael’s School
P.O. Digha Ghat
Patna – 800 011, Bihar
Mobile : 9431269234